I had to share this recipe with everyone because it is an easy breakfast to make that everyone will enjoy. We wake up early in my house. Because the kids head to school around 7:25 (that car pool line is looooooonnnggg), I am always looking for quick ready to make breakfast meals for everyone. Egg muffins are it!
I remember eating Pop tarts for breakfast or completely skipping the morning meal. The weekends were often reserved for big morning meals like pancakes, eggs, fruit, and sausage or bacon. My husband grew up with home cooked breakfasts each morning, so when we got together, we knew that we wanted home cooked meals. However, once we added children, we knew that they had to be easy to make home cooked meals.
I have cooked breakfast burritos, pumpkin muffins, grits and eggs (a southern staple), and even quiches. Occasionally, the kids want “old school” cinnamon toast (cinnamon and butter on toast). Being introduced to egg muffins was the best new addition to our breakfast routines. The entire process (including cooking) takes 25 minutes and is incredibly easy.
- 8-10 eggs, cracked
- ¾C – 1 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper (to your liking)
- Any additions (bacon crumbles, cheese, spinach, etc.)
- Muffin pan
- Oven at 350 degrees
- In a large bowl. Crack 8-10 eggs.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper and stir until blended.
- Grease each cup of the muffin pan.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tin, ½ – ¾ of the way.
- On top of each egg mixture, add your own toppings.
- Place in 350-degree oven and let back for 20 minutes.
- When fully cooked, pop each egg muffin out and enjoy.
If you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe, try these egg muffins. Even the kids enjoy them.
2 Comments Add yours
Sounds like a great breakfast. I’ll be trying it thanks.
Yes- please do!